About CityLife Church World Impact
Empowering churches across cultures to impact unreached people for the Kingdom of God
Our mission statement is a concise statement of why World Impact exists. It also contains the seeds of our vision (where are we going); key strategy (how are we going to get there); and core values (who we are). The first two parts of the statement indicate the how and where of CityLife's international missions ministry—World Impact. "For the Kingdom of God" tell us why we are doing this and it ultimately also defines who we are. Why are we mobilising people and resources to empower churches in some of the poorest, least unreached and most persecuted parts of the world? So that the church plantings movements we support can be ambassadors representing God's kingdom values around the world. Our missionary partners proclaim and demonstrate the Kingdom's values of justice, mercy and faith in a world of oppression, poverty and unbelief.
Our Vision and Strategy
To partner with and help empower 10 Church Planting movements who will plant more than 100 churches to impact over 20 Unreached people groups by 2015
The vision tells us more specifically where we are going in the next three years. It is a statement of faith that reflects our direction in the medium term (Pr 29:18). The vision is to have a kingdom impact among 20 unreached peoples groups by 2015. We have also included in this statement the key strategy we are using for impacting unreached people. Our key strategy is empowering churches to grow and multiply. We have expressed the vision in quantitative terms but with a strong qualitative dimension. We see these churches having a Kingdom impact that reflects core values of justice, mercy and faith.
To make this vision a reality, we are undertaking seven main activities to support the empowerment of church planting movements. These are in addition to providing regular encouragement support and input to our mission’s partners. Some of these activities relate to our field partners, others relate to our congregational partners and supporters. The key activities form the framework for our strategic plan for the next three years. They provide a set of specific, measurable, achievable and realistic medium term goals for the ministry that align with our mission and help us stay focused. The strategic activities are:
- Developing & Implementing high quality training strategies as appropriate for different partnerships
- Implementing three strategic Investments to propel sustainable growth
- Supporting three major relief and development projects per year that are linked with our missions partners
- Sending a minimum of 1 strategic team per year to each field
- Increasing the number of Life Groups supporting missions to 60%
- Raising up 1% of Life Group attenders as intercessory prayer partners
- Facilitating an overseas leadership training and networking conference for our Missions Partners at least every second year