|CityLife Community Care|
|Community Care Program|
|Event / Course Calendar|
|Health Related Services|
CityLife Community Care Program
Our aim is to develop and provide a care service, offering genuine support
and friendship in order to assist those in the community who are facing personal
or relational distress, trauma, hardship, isolation or loneliness.
The Community Care Team consists of a group of trained volunteers,
allocated to work one on one with people to support, encourage, equip and esteem
them to begin to take responsibility for their lives.
What is offered?
- Initial visit to assess situation and develop or clarify goals
- Ongoing support to achieve goals
- Case Management
- Liaison with workers from relevant services or government departments
Areas of Assistance
Issues may include:
- Social Isolation and Loneliness
- Parenting Skills
- Budgeting/Money Management Skills - Banking, Bill Paying, etc
- Life Skills - Cooking, Washing, etc
- Friendship and Support
- Exploring Housing Options
- Access to Local Community Services e.g. Medical, Legal, Vocational, etc
- Time Management-Routines
- Development of Personal Skills
- Self Advocacy
Among Friends is a place for people to come and sit, chat and have a
cuppa in a safe and relaxed environment.
People can come as they are and if they need further assistance, the friendly
staff at CityLife Community Care will be pleased to talk to them.
When: 10:00-11.45am Friday Mornings (ring to check if running during school holidays)
Nursing Home & Hospital Visitation
From 9.00 am to 12.00 noon on the second Tuesday of every month, a group of
dedicated people meet at the CityLife Community Care centre to make up small posies
of flowers with cards. They then deliver these to residence and patients in
local Nursing Homes, Hostels and Hospitals.
The response has been overwhelming with the residents looking forward to our
visits and volunteers making friends with those who are lonely and in need.
If you would like to get involved and make a difference in the life of
another, please contact the CityLife Community Care office on 9871 8900.